Monday, September 30, 2013

Getting ordained!

Yesterday was a powerful day in the life of this mommy/wife/student/chaplain. My church ordained three people and I was fortunate to be this group. Someone asked what my favorite part of the service was and I can say easily that it was when each candidate got to sit in a chair and get prayed for. I have prayed for hundreds of people in my short ministry and I can't tell you how refreshing and life-giving it is to have someone pray over ME! My husband took this picture - you can see the love in it!

I am so thankful for Kay Tuel, my chaplain buddy and friend who came from Belton to speak on my behalf. I'm also thankful for Pablo Rivas who is one of our favorite people. My son absolutely LOVES Pablo! He read my favorite verse yesterday - Romans 8:28. The service was beautiful and I am so grateful for all of my friends and family who came. I have been ministering in various capacities for a while now and didn't think ordination would change much. I think I was wrong. The PROCESS of ordination at my church was incredibly helpful. The team of people on the committee helped me discern my call and gifts plus areas I need to work on. Yesterday, my church family laid hands on me and prayed over my life and ministry. I will never be the same. Thank you Calvary Baptist for believing in this broken person. 
- Chaplin Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment